To achieve Thread Certification, the port must be tested against the official Thread Harness and pass all scenarios listed in the Thread Certification Test Plan.
For more information, see Certification.
A detailed README is necessary to demonstrate how to build and run OpenThread on a new hardware platform.
At a minimum, the README should include:
- Information about the hardware platform
- Links to the required toolchain
- How to configure platform-specific vendor software
- How to build and flash binaries onto the platform
- Versions of libraries and toolchains used for validation of the port
See the EFR32 README for an example.